Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Jackson Fair

             After we left the dermatologist office, we set off for the fair.  The most exciting part of the day happened in the parking lot as I was pulling out and we discovered that Evangeline was not strapped in at all and had climbed all the way to the back of the van, pulled out the pillow pet that was back there, and was lying down.  Poor baby was already tired.
             We missed our free admission and parking, but that was okay.  After we were there about two minutes both mom and I commented that we would never waste our time with the Queen City Fair (Meridian's fair) again.  This one is just so much bigger and nicer.  And, actually cheaper, too.  We had a nice lunch at the Cock of the Walk booth and then headed to the Midway where Evangeline rode a car ride and together we rode a flying elephant.  I laughed when the man working the cars unhooked Evangeline and left like she would just hop right out.  By the time I had gotten to her she'd already strapped herself back in, ready for another ride!
              The best part was the petting zoo.  Evangeline loved the one in Meridian, and I have to say that it was by far the best thing at that fair.  Even though she is scared to death to sit on a pony, Evangeline is fearless when wondering around a cage full of goats!  I watched today as my precious little girl walked up to the llama, goat, cow, and turtle and blew them each kisses. She went around to each of the food dispensers and got little pellets from the ground and fed all of the animals.  She is so loving.  Her favorite animal at this petting zoo was the camels.  They were a little too friendly and had the food dispenser figured out too easily.  And one bit my mom.  But, Evangeline loved them.  I think she was thinking of Wonder Pets and the poor baby camel that was trying to find the oasis ("The most pleasant of places.... there's water, plants, and a twee there. The camel wants to be there").  She also saw a zebra, but he was in a cage where you couldn't pet him.  She kept yelling, "Hey Zeza" at it, but that zebra just wouldn't turn around!     
               After a tour of the trade room we headed back home, exhausted after a really fun day.  Evangeline only slept a little while in the van on the way back so she went to bed early.  Now, I'm ready for bed myself!

1 comment:

  1. I'm with Evangeline on the camels! I love them too - I can't figure out if they are really ugly in a cute way or really cute in an ugly way, but either way they make me laugh. (and ITA about the Queen City Fair - not worth the time or money...) loving your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete