Monday, October 17, 2011

Close Calls

            We've had several "that almost landed us at the ER" calls here lately.  The first was about a week ago when Evangeline did a swan dive off of the couch into the coffee table.  She hit the corner of the table with her forehead really hard.  I was immediately on the scene, but was scared to move her at first.  I slowly sat her up and as I did her eyeballs rolled back into her head and then she kind of had this glazed-over look to her.  I really think she almost passed out!  Scared to death, I shouted for Drew to come in there and by that point Evangeline was screaming her head off and had a huge knot.  After a five minute struggle with the ice pack, she was her usual spunky self again.  She did have a scratch on her head and I think had she bumped the corner at a different angle, she might have busted her head open.  Praise the Lord it wasn't anything worse!
           Last night Drew and I were in the living room and had left Evangeline un-attended in the kitchen (a RARE occurance) watching Wonder Pets on the laptop.  We heard a big thud followed by a wail and soon discovered she had fallen out of the chair.  I was afraid she had hit her face or head, but the injury appears to have been to one of her knees.
          This morning I was doing laundry and I fell stepping down into the laundry room.  I didn't hit the ground, but DID hit the washing machine with my arm.  I had an immediate knot and could not move my arm for a good five minutes.  I called Drew (good thing he's so close by) to come help me out for a few minutes.  Evangeline had taken advantage of my injury and was helping herself to a bag of tortilla chips.  Trey, thankfully, was asleep.  I still have a knot and bruise on my arm, but it looks like I'll survive!  Another Praise the Lord moment!  In this clumsy family, we definitely are needing His protection a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment