Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Happy Birthday Evangeline

          January 25th- one month after Christmas, the day after my sister Katie's birthday, and the day I first became a mommy!  When I think about Evangeline's birth the thing I always remember is how excited I was.  And now, two years later, I see things that remind me of her birth and I still get a little excited.  For example, the NFC Championship the other night reminded me of how we watched the Saints beat the Vikings in the hotel room in Hattiesburg the night before she was born.  I was excited about everything- giving birth, staying in the hospital, but most of all about meeting my daughter.  It was a big day!  The biggest moment of my life!
          I am so very grateful to have our sweet Evangeline.  She truly is a sweet and friendly kid!  She's good at remembering people just like her daddy and always wants to know where everyone is and what they are doing.  We've recently started letting her say some of her own prayers at night.  Drew will say "Thank you God for ______" and she fills in the blank.  She always remembers to thank God for Mommy, Blue Bell, and Trey.  Sometimes she thanks God for other animals like my sister's dog Nestle, and my parent's dog, Fred.  She usually thanks God for cake, too!  (Can't blame her).  Evangeline's "busy-ness" has slowed down a little bit, just in time for Trey's to pick up I'm afraid.  She's still into a lot of stuff and has no fear.  The fearlessness worries me a little bit because I'm pretty sure she'd go anywhere with anyone!  She climbed into someone else's car after Bible study yesterday and was trying to strap herself in.  When I approached her she said, "Bye, Mommy!"  I'm sure that it would've been fun to hang out with Cora and her Mommy, too!  Ha!   She still loves cows, cheerleaders, "Bak Bak" (chicken nuggets), baths, and Wonder Pets, but new interests include watching Dora the Explorer, tending to her baby dolls, and Bible Time.   She loves giving both eskimo and butterfly kisses to Daddy, Mommy, Trey, and sometimes Blue Bell!  She'd kiss Edy, too, if the cat would let her. 
          There was a time (back in the fall of '08 and winter of '09) that I seriously wondered if I would ever be able to have children.  It was a horrible time in my life.  I was in agony and crying to God everyday that we could get pregnant and have a baby.  Last night as I struggled bathing TWO babies all I could think was, "Thank you thank you Lord!"  How blessed am I! 
          I was trying to remember what we did last year for Evangeline's actual birthday.  I know that we went to Sears to get her portraits made after school.  It was the first "hard" portrait session of many because Evangeline could walk and wanted to run all over the studio (something she still hasn't gotten past).  We went to eat somewhere afterwards, but I can't remember where.  Maybe I'll check FB Timeline to see!  This morning we met Kelly (still very pregnant!), Micah, and Elizabeth at Chick-Fil-A.  What a perfect place to play. Evangeline is just the right size for the play area and will climb up and go down the slide with no problems.  We had a surprise visit from another (long-distant) cousin, Ethan, too!  After lunch, a visit with Poppy (who couldn't find a thing on their menu he'd actually want to eat), and a birthday balloon, we headed home.  We did a mini birthday celebration with the top to her birthday cake with Daddy and Trey. Evangeline only got a little upset by the candles this time.  The fire reminds her of the "scary fireworks" from New Year's.  We also gave her one of her birthday presents: a tricycle I bought at a yard sale for $5.00.  Are we bad parents?  We figured she could test this one out and if she likes it a lot, we'd get her a new one later.  We did get her a few other things too including a Dora bath doll that was on the Clearance rack at Wal-mart. 
            This afternoon we're meeting my mom at Sears for two year old birthday pics.  Keeping my fingers crossed for at least one good birthday shot!     Happy Birthday sweet Evangeline!  Mommy loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment