Monday, January 9, 2012

Facebook Timeline

          Sometimes Facebook just freaks me out!  The other day I signed up for Timeline.  On one hand, I think it's really really cool.  On the other, it's just plain scary.  For example, under "family" I have a sister, mother, father, husband, and two children who are "pending."  Pending what?  I guess FB is waiting for them to one day have accounts so that they can accept that they are my actual children.  Woah!  Also, Timeline thinks that Drew and I were married on July 13, when in fact we were married on July 7th!  I'm guessing the 13th was the day that I actually changed my status.  Funny because I know that if I got married today I would probably immediately change my relationship status. 
          One of the coolest things about Timeline is how it shows everything you've done since you've been on Facebook.  According to Timeline, I joined Facebook on December 21, 2004.  December 21, 2004 is a day that I will never ever forget and it has nothing to do with Facebook.  That was the day Grandmama died.  But, she didn't die until about 11:00 that night, so I guess that earlier that evening I had joined Facebook. 
            Technically, my sister Katie signed me up.  I remember coming home from Texas and Katie asking me if I had a Baylor email address because at the time you could only join Facebook if you attended a school that was in their system.  Since I had a Baylor address, I could sign up.  She told me it was this really, really cool thing where you could keep up with all your friends.  So, I let her sign me up and I really didn't think much of it for a long while after that.  Now I know that that same evening was when we all were called to the nursing home to be with Grandmama.
             So December 21, 2004 was a life-changing day.  I had no clue at the time what Facebook would be like or how it would enable me to keep in touch with so may friends.  I am definitely thankful for all that Facebook has allowed me to do, even if sometimes it can freak me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment