Monday, November 14, 2011

Good Memory

              I am so impressed with how good Evangeline's memory is.  Especially when it involves something fun!  She still asks if we're going to see cows everytime I put her in the boots she wore to the petting zoo at the fair six weeks ago! 
            She kept pointing at one of my cabinets the other day and saying "Fru Ruh Ruh!" again and again.  I had no clue what she wanted until I remembered that we had some fruit roll-ups in that cabinet from an activity from church and I had given her one once.   
             My dad and I took her to the Meridian High game Friday night and she went CRAZY walking in when she remembered this was the place that we saw cheerleaders.  She loves her some cheerleaders and is so fascinated by them.  We spent a whopping five minutes at the last football game we went to, so I was impressed that she even remembered the cheerleaders.
             Yesterday we went to Oak Grove to eat with Drew's family.  We were still in the parking lot and Evangeline noticed where we were at started saying, "Cah cah!  Be Be!  Ride!  Mouse!" over and over again.  She loves playing with Micah and Elizabeth and remembers that Poppy always takes them for a ride in a wheelchair.  She also remembers playing with a mouse in a box in Poppy's office.  She was so excited about going for a ride that she wouldn't even eat (not that she eats much anyway). 
              Today we went to Belk's to return something and before we even got close to where the play area was she started saying "slide? slide? slide?"  No memories of the little boy who had pushed her off the slide, thankfully.  I am glad that she is still at an age where I can say, "Yes, that's the slide that we played on Saturday.  Say 'bye bye' slide" without a complete meltdown. 
            
              

No comments:

Post a Comment