Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Busy But Happy

              Before I quit working to stay at home, I had this vision of what being a stay at home mom would be like.  No, I didn't picture a perfectly clean home with children sitting quietly entertaining themselves.  But, I did think, even worry, that I would be bored.  What would I do all day?  Well, I have NOT had to worry about that.  It seems like since we moved to Meridian it has been one thing after another.
             First, I had knee surgery (literally the day after we moved up here), then we were unpacking.  We had just gotten settled in good when Jane Darby was born suddenly and prematurely, so I spent quite a few weeks going back and forth to Birmingham.  Then Fall Fest, MS Baptist Convention, the election, Thanksgiving, Christmas, birthdays.  Life is just busy! 
             I have felt so blessed to find some fun activities too.  I love my Tuesday morning Bible Study group, and Evangeline and Trey enjoying getting to play with friends in a different environment.  We have also been regulars at MOPS, where Evangeline gets to play with "Be Be" among other friends. 
             Reflecting over my "busy-ness" I have decided that it's a good "busy-ness."  We're not too busy.  We have days with nothing to do but play in the backyard and read books.  We're getting to spend a lot of time as a family at dinner and during the evening.  I am 95% finished reading the Bible (I started the end of August) and am on track to finish on Saturday.  There's been more time for prayer.
              I knew that my staying home was the right thing for my kids, but I had my worries if it was the right thing for me.  I LOVED being a teacher and miss all my friends at PRC.  But, I also LOVE being home.  This Thanksgiving, that's what I'm thankful for the most: that I'm able to stay at home with my babies and that I am very happy doing so!

No comments:

Post a Comment