Saturday, May 12, 2012

Cuddle-Free Zone

     Every day I am amazed at the differences in my two children.  Evangeline was walking at one year almost as well as she does now.  While Trey took his first steps two months ago, he still won't take more than about six steps at a time before he decides he'd rather just crawl.  I'm pretty sure that Trey says more words at almost one than Evangeline did when she was his age.  He can clearly say Mama, Dada, Blue Bell, ball, Edy, and his favorite, "Uh oh."  I've also heard him say "Hey" and "Thank you" a few times.  Who knows when he'll catch on to "Evangeline."

     Their sleep behaviors are what make me laugh the most.  Trey is a snuggler.  He loves his monkey blanket more than anything.  We just set up his "Scout" that he technically got for Christmas today, so I placed it in bed with him tonight (the first time he's ever had a stuffed animal in bed with him other than the monkey blanket).  He snuggled right up to it, with his arm curled around his monkey blanket.  So sweet.

      Evangeline, in contrast, does NOT like stuffed animals in bed with her.  Earlier tonight she was playing and put a few baby dolls in her bed and covered them up.  When Daddy tucked her in he left the baby dolls in bed.  A few minutes later we heard her crying.  I sneaked up to her door to listen and heard her say, "Get out, baby!" followed by a loud THUD.  Her bed is a cuddle-free zone for sure!

      Drew just asked what I was blogging about.  I told him "the differences in our children."  He pointed out that one's a boy and one's a girl.  Thanks, honey!  I'm sure that the gender difference will become a factor in the years to come as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment