Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Don't Eat My Cheesepuffs!

We had an eventful lunch today.  As the kids were eating and I was cooking green beans, suddenly giant flames began to shoot from underneath the pan.  At least 10 inches.  I panicked.  I know exactly where our fire extinguisher was in Henleyfield, but in the short 2 seconds I considered trying to put the fire out myself, I couldn't recall where ours was.  My only thought was to get my babies out of that house ASAP.

So, I gathered up the kids and the dog, thought briefly about the cat and remembered she was already outside, and hurried out the back door.  Drew was over at the church hanging out with Mr. Ray Cantrell who just so happens to be a firefighter.  Pretty lucky, I thought.  He is even driving his Marion Fire and Rescue Truck today.

After what seemed like FOREVER, Drew picked up the phone and I instructed him to "come home right now."  One good thing about having Drew work so close by is that he IS so close.  I've called him home on numerous occasions to inspect injuries, unstick my van, etc, but I think this is the first fire I called him to put out.  I was also thinking about Ray. 

Drew ran home fast, followed close behind by Ray.  As they flew by, Evangeline shouted to Mr. Ray, "Don't eat my cheespuffs!!!!"  Someone needs to straighten out her priorities. :)

The flames had died down by the time they got to the house and I was thankful that there was at  least a tiny bit of smoke so they didn't think I was totally crazy.  Turns out I just need to clean my grease trap.  And I will, cause other than the cheespuff comment, that was no fun! 

P.S. Evangeline ended up feeding her cheespuffs to Blue Bell anyway.  Guess she was saving them for her?

No comments:

Post a Comment