Saturday, March 31, 2012

Jackson Trip

We had a really great weekend visiting my dad (Granddaddy Snow Snow, or otherwise know as simply "Snow Snow" or "No No" or even "Nos Snow") at his condo in Jackson.  Our primary purpose in going was to attend the first ever Speaker of the House/Lieutenant Governor's Easter Egg Hunt, but we also wanted to squeeze in a few fun things, as well.

Friday evening me, my mom, and my kids headed to Jackson.  We met dad at Jason's Deli and I was reminded of how much I like that place.  It always makes me think of Waco, and my friends Dayna and Kevin (who just moved to China!) for some reason.  I guess we ate there a lot.  I liked it because it was Weight Watchers friendly.  Trey liked it because there were crackers on the salad bar.  Evangeline, of course, liked the ice cream. 

I had a pretty rough night at the condo, which was to be expected.  I just don't enjoy sharing a room with either of my children ever.  Trey was in the pack n play next to me and coughed and fidgeted ALL NIGHT LONG.  I eventually moved to the couch, then back to the bedroom b/c Trey was crying and I had to nurse, then to tuck Evangeline back in, then back to the couch, back to tuck Evangeline in, back to the bedroom.  That's what I mean by 'rough night.'  I heard Evangeline and my mom up pretty early and then later discovered that Evangeline had escaped her pack n play in the office (which was also to be expected) and was kinda roaming around my dad's condo. 

Both kids enjoyed exploring the place, so much so that I was eager to get them outta there as quickly as possible!  Dad and I took the kids to the zoo, while mom ran a few errands.  My dad has a zoo pass, so we hope to go there a lot this summer.  This time last year my mom and I took Evangeline to the zoo.  I have to say that I had a much easier time this year.  Last year I was eight months pregnant and walking around took a lot out of me.  It was much easier now that the baby is out! 

Evangeline had fun, but did seem to act a little afraid of some of the animals.  Mainly the monkeys.  She also did not like the Tamirs and the Wart Hogs (they weren't quite wart hogs, but they were some kinda hoggy things).  Maybe they just got too close to the fence for her and she's afraid they would get her?  She LOVED the alligators and was thrilled to see four baby gators swimming in the pond.  She also really liked the flamingos. 

Trey was super easy going.  He enjoyed looking at the turtles and the giraffes the best.  It was so funny seeing his face when he first saw the giraffe. 



Poor Evangeline tripped over Snow Snow's foot and got her first real scraped knee.  And, eleven hours later, it is still a big deal.  She freaked out at bath time when it got wet.  Poor baby. 




We met Carrie for lunch at Mazzio's which was fun except that I was not going to pay $9.99 for a buffet when all I wanted was two pieces of pizza even if it did come with a drink and even if Evangeline did get to eat free.  So, I ordered a small pizza for $6.00.  No problem except that it took forever for them to bring it to me.  Being on a diet is miserable to start with but being on a diet and having to sit and watch other people eat pizza while patiently waiting for your food is really bad.  My mom was finished and ready to go before mine ever came.  :(  The price I pay to diet.  I told my mom that I got a Bravo star at Weight Watchers for going to Christy's wedding last week and not eating any cake and she said that she'd MUCH rather have a piece of wedding cake than a Bravo star.  Supportive, huh?

We were afraid that the wait at Mazzio's would make us late for the egg hunt, but we showed up in plenty of time.  It was a very nice event with fun jumps, face painting, an Easter bunny, real bunnies to take pictures with, and yummy snacks.  Evangeline loved holding the little bunny and Trey enjoyed his first ever cupcake (or the icing, at least). 

When it came time to hunt the eggs, Evangeline was a little bratty.  She went around picking up the eggs, opening them, and then if she didn't want what was inside, she just threw it back down.  I eventually figured out that she was specifically looking for eggs that contained skittles. 

My children blessed me with a quiet ride on the way home and we arrived just in time for our Sunday school grill-out party that was,  yes, at our house.  I am super thankful to my wonderful wonderful wonderful (hi, honey!) husband who got everything ready while I was gone.  When I asked him if we could go to Jackson, he was practically giddy responding yes.  He enjoyed the weekend by having a Friday night steak and then playing tennis with Corrie Saturday morning. 

I had so much fun having our friends over!  I am very thankful for all the friendships we have made here in Marion!  I am already looking forward to the next time we all get together for Italian night! 

Praying for a good night's sleep tonight!  At least Trey is down the hall and both my kids are pretty worn out.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, a shout-out on your blog! :) That sounds like an exhausting weekend but lots of fun memories made. Keep blogging - I love knowing what's going on even from so far away. Miss you, Emily!

    ReplyDelete