Sunday, December 23, 2012

Funny Times at Christmas

                  Evangeline's Christmas list is growing.  For the longest time she has only asked for three things from Santa: a baby doll, diaper for her baby, and a candy cane.  We splurged and bought her a box of candy canes.  This past week she added a purple sweater.  I guess she really liked the purple sweater Audrey was wearing a few weeks ago.  She's also added strawberry drink, purple gum, and tonight, vegetables.  Huh?  Drew asked her what kind of vegetables she wanted.  Broccoli?  No, that's not a vegetable.  I don't like that.  Carrots?  No, don't like those.  Squash?  Not a vegetable.  Okay then, what kind of vegetables do you want?  Vegetables like turkey.  Alrighty.  We explained to her that, first of all, turkey was not a vegetable, and second she only told Santa about three other things so that's all he knows to bring her.  She seemed satisfied with that response.
                    Trey's three things are an LOL Elmo, a talking Chuck the Truck, and another box of candy canes (Diego ones!).  He'd be perfectly satisfied with a toothbrush, I'm pretty sure.  Trey loves to brush his teeth, but hates putting the toothbrush back down.  So, I just let him tote it around until he forgets about it.  Well, that strategy caused us to lose his Diego brush the other day, so he's been using an extra one that Evangeline hadn' t used yet.  This morning he was wondering around with that brush and then suddenly had both brushes.  Don't know where the Diego one had been hiding.  A few minutes later, he came to me very distressed and said, "Mama I stuck!!!"  I asked him how was he stuck and to show me.  Next thing I knew he joined me in the kitchen holding the floor vent cover from our bedroom in which both his toothbrushes were now stuck.  "Stuck!"  Yep, they were stuck!  I unstuck them and, for the record, we didn't brush his teeth tonight because both his toothbrushes are in desperate need of sanitization. 
                     Evangeline informed me tonight that HER toothbrush needed batteries.  Apparently hers doesn't "work," like her cousin Avonlea's works. 
                     We enjoyed a very nice Christmas Eve Eve looking at Christmas lights and then picking up take-out and bringing it home for a relaxing meal.  I loved listening to the kids sing Christmas songs.  Trey's favorite is "Bingle Bells" and tonight he sang "Bingle Bell Bock" for us.  Super cute.  He also sang the second verse of Away in a Manger for Drew at bedtime.  I am amazed at how much he speaks and sings! 
                       Looking forward to more wonderful, and funny, Christmas memories the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment