Friday, May 17, 2013

Through the Rabbit Hole

Had a very scary moment earlier, and I'm still not quite over it.  Evangeline fell through the floor vent in our hall closet!  We normally keep the closet locked for that very reason, but somehow it got left unlocked and when she stepped on the filter, she fell right through.  Hearing your child scream, "Help me! Help me, Mommy!" and not being able to help is horrible!  Fortunately, I was able to help her because the filter had bent and stopped her fall.  I was able to lean in and pull her out.  She was very dusty and scared, but otherwise unharmed. The first thing I did when she fell was to call Drew.  I said, "she fell down the vent!!!" and he says, "she who?"  She who?  What'd he think I dropped the baby down the vent?? The cat? (not that Drew would've cared).  The dog wouldn't have fit! The closet is now safely locked back up! I guess that's what I get for hiding the extra bath toys in that closet, which was the reason that she had decided to play in there.  It was supposed to be locked!!

I told Evangeline, as I was dusting her off, that she was like Alice falling through the rabbit hole.  Sadly, she's never seen Alice in Wonderland, so the comparison was lost on her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment