Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Baptist Casserole

There's a lot of things (and people) we miss about Henleyfield, but one of the things we miss the most is Ms. Betty Burks' "Award Winning" Baptist Casserole.  The "award" came at Drew's Top Chef themed 30th birthday for Best Entree.  He knew it was gonna be the winner before he ever put a bite in his mouth!  Baptist Casserole is Ms. Betty's staple dish at every NHSBC function and everyone loves it!  She was always sweet to make sure that I took Drew home the leftover casserole after Ladies Luncheon and it was a special treat for him.  It's been a good six months since he's had some, and when I mentioned possibly making it, he was more than excited.  He even set the meat out to thaw for me!  I put on Facebook that I was cooking it and got several inquiries as to what it was (though no one from New Henleyfield had to ask!).  So, I'm going to borrow from my friend Tammy's blog idea and post a recipe!  This will probably be the only time you get a recipe from me!

Baptist Casserole

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 cup spaghetti sauce
1 cup sour cream
8 oz mozzarella cheese
2 T butter
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
1 roll crescent rolls

Brown meat and drain.  Add sauce.  Place in 9x13 pyrex.  Mix together sour cream and mozarella cheese.  Spread over meat and sauce mixture.  Top with crescent rolls.  Pour melted butter and Parm cheese on top.  Bake at 375 until bubbly.

1 comment: