Monday, December 5, 2011

Yea Alabama!

           Bama's going to the BCS National Championship!  Yay!  Before the Bama/LSU game I said that I definitely did not want a rematch no matter what.  I still don't want a rematch and would've loved for LSU to have lost to, say Ole Miss, and for Bama to be playing OK State.  But, I am happy that things worked out so that Bama will get to play for their 14th National Championship.  My dad has two tickets to the game and my mom, the ever pessimist, does NOT want to go.  So, he offered me the opportunity.  I would love love love to go!  I missed out on NC #13 because I was 38 weeks pregnant with Evangeline and it was in CA.  There's one big complication to my going though and his name is Trey.  He absolutely cannot be away from me that long.  I found out today that the Sugar Bowl's rules actually say that under 2 can enter for free and I got to day-dreaming about Trey coming along.  Then I snapped back to reality and realized that it was a bad idea for several reasons.  Plus, it's Drew's birthday that day and I don't think he wants to spend the evening babysitting Evangeline.  So, my bro-in-law is gonna go with my dad, and I'm sure he'll enjoy it much more than Trey would have. 
             This is officially the first football season since I was eight that I haven't gone to a Bama game.  I managed to make it to at least one game the whole time I was living in Texas.  And, I even went last year when Evangeline was 8 months because she, unlike her brother, could be left without me.  As sad as I am about this, I've learned that the TV really isn't that bad.  So, I will spend the evening at home, cheering on the Tide and tending to my babies.  Roll Tide! 

Oh, and in other football news, Baylor is #12!!!  Sic 'Em!
              

No comments:

Post a Comment